Monday, June 13, 2005

Something For Nothing

Genesis 12:1-3

What does God want from me anyway? God asked Abram for a lot - leave your family, leave your home, leave all that is familiar. Just trust me. It must have been scary; it would be for me. I like to be comfortable, I like to know what's coming - what to expect.

What I notice here though is that God didn't ask Abram to do something for nothing. He promises to Abram, "If you'll trust me I'll bless you, I'll bless those who bless you, and I'll make you a blessing to others."

God isn't asking me to leave my home or my family, but He is asking me to trust Him. Sometimes He asks me to trust Him in ways that make me uncomfortable. I don't always know where He's taking me, and sometimes it's a little scary. But today He told me, through this text, that there are blessing in store for me if I will trust Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home