Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's All In The Plan

Genesis 18:1-15

Sometimes, I'm so tempted to give up hope for some of the changes I long for. I can certainly identify with Sarah - it doesn't seem possible that things will work out the way I'd like. I have dreams that I've about given up on. There are things I'd like to accomplish but I have doubts that I'll get the opportunity to devote the time necessary to see them through. It makes me sad and sometimes it makes me angry. It's a sad anger that is aimed primarily at myself. "Why didn't you prioritize better, why didn't you make better decisions, why didn't you (don't you) stay connected to the Source?"

Two thoughts come to mind here:

The first is, "Look at all the blessings you have!" I have a terrific family - don't take this lightly; I know of families that are a mess! But I'm blessed. My wife is kind and loving to me, she has a great sense of humor and she truly cares for all of us. My oldest daughter (who was such a strong-willed child when she was younger) has turned out to be a truly great person - I'm so glad that she lives near by and spends time with us. My son is such a classy guy - he's talented (artist/designer) and funny and lots of fun to be with. And I'm so proud of my youngest daughter. Even though she had little or no educational instruction through parts of her middle school years and ended up dropping out of high school, she did what it took to get into college and is an honor roll student in Communication Disorders. This is all because of her drive and determination. And of course, there are the people that have come into my life because of our family. My son's wife, my oldest daughter's roommate and my youngest daughter's boyfriend; these are all outstanding people that I consider to be truly a part of the family. So. . .this is a pretty big blessing.

The second thought that comes to mind is from verse 14, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" I truly believe that if the dreams that I have are something that would be good for me and are in God's plan for me, He can make them happen. This reminds me of Jeremiah 29:11 where He says, "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

So I won't loose hope, but my hope will be that I remain connected to the Lord so that I will fit into His plans for me. I can't imagine a better life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home